carb fuel site glass

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

carb fuel site glass

Post by 781masshole3tc »

hello, on my 1980 corolla wagon 3tc 1.8 5speed im having a huge problem trying to get it running right (very rich and smelly) no black smoke though, i replaced the fouled out carboned spark plugs, timing is a little bit off because it sputters while running but does not diesal when shutting off, no vacuum leaks, but looking through the site glass you can see the fuel a little bit higher from being in the middle, i am missing the emissions decal under the hood so i have zero info on what that decal says (timing etc). i know i added alot of info since my subject line says (carb fuel site glass) but help here is needed, thanks every one.
BOBLOOK

Re: carb fuel site glass

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome to the forum ;)

For the engine spec you can check here Specs

If the fuel is higher then the float need adjustment,but that won't cause the engine to run reach. From you description i think you carburetor needs rebuild.
The day we learn to think
781masshole3tc

Re: carb fuel site glass

Post by 781masshole3tc »

BOBLOOK wrote:Welcome to the forum ;)

For the engine spec you can check here Specs

If the fuel is higher then the float need adjustment,but that won't cause the engine to run reach. From you description i think you carburetor needs rebuild.
thankyou for your Welcome, is the float adjustable? i also heard around it can act like a sponge due to age but still wasnt sure if its adjustable or not.