vaccums how to connect them

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

NME308

Re: vaccums how to connect them

Post by NME308 »

Ah hot air vs cold air! I hadn't thought of that. :D

I don't actually have any claim to originality in any of the stuff I posted above either. It is all just other peoples knowledge which I came upon along the way while trying to overcome issues with my home done blow through carb setup!

Cheers,
Jason
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

NME308 wrote:Ah hot air vs cold air! I hadn't thought of that. :D

I don't actually have any claim to originality in any of the stuff I posted above either. It is all just other peoples knowledge which I came upon along the way while trying to overcome issues with my home done blow through carb setup!

Cheers,
Jason
LOL is ok, just remember to update your engine buildup buddy, at least on my PM lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SF5 FOZZY
montrealte31

Post by montrealte31 »

Wow,
that's a chit load of information, and thank you verry much for that jason.
I am gona get to work with my friend understanding all that.
I forgot to tell you something, this carburator as supposed to been modified by rafy machine shop to run turbo, that is what the guy who sold it to me says. i can see some epoxy at some spots. here is some other pictures.

For shure if i can leave the bov at its original place for now, i will, i would be able to work on other things.
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Rafi Machine Shop? i know him personally, and this is the first time i hear about a Holley carb modified by him, Rafi is Joelos Brother yes the same Joelo that hold the 3TC 1/4 mile record on the Karioka Starlet,

But anyway i see another thing i dont like about your carb, it is a Vacuum secondary carb with a bolt to open all 4 barrels mechanically and that there is a no no for a Turbo 4 banger cuz it is too much fuel before it goes on boost, making it bog and not a good drivable carburetor, cuz it tends to open all 4 almost at the same time instead of progressively,
SF5 FOZZY
montrealte31

Post by montrealte31 »

Good morning,
I would have a hard time trowing this carb to the garbage thinking that it has been modified to run turbo, the holes blocked with epoxy and the venturi booster were enlarged. :o
But if you guys tell me it doesn't work i am gona change it!
Do you know where i can find the right carb for my set up?
thanks
Pier
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Wow Jason the mastermind when it comes to blow true :lol: :lol:
The day we learn to think
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Pier I would have a hard time recommending you throw this carb in the bin until you have tested it!

I do see the issues which Toyota1515 pointed out - good pickup as I had missed that!

If this carb has been modified by an expert as claimed, and it most certainly has been modified with annular discharge boosters etc then it may have workarounds to potential problems built in. Unfortunately for someone who is not a carb expert it is a steep learning curve trying to sort out problems when (or if) they arise. I know this from my own experience!

Cheers,
Jason
montrealte31

Post by montrealte31 »

Hi guys!
I went on with a couples things,
my muffler is almost finished,i instaled a5' torck bar and i might have found a company that can custom built a new carb.
Tell me what would you think of a 550 cfm holley from
http://www.candsspecialties.com 1450$ with bonet included
Thanks for your good help
Pier
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

montrealte31 wrote:Hi guys!
I went on with a couples things,
my muffler is almost finished,i instaled a5' torck bar and i might have found a company that can custom built a new carb.
Tell me what would you think of a 550 cfm holley from
http://www.candsspecialties.com 1450$ with bonet included
Thanks for your good help
Pier
Bad ass carbs from them all i have to said!
SF5 FOZZY