Turbo

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

J.hortian

Turbo

Post by J.hortian »

Hello, I have a Te27 with a 2rz. I'm in the process of putting the fuel system together. I plan on going turbo in the next couple years. I currently have a CT26 off a 2nd gen MR2 that needs a rebuild. Everything I have done to the car so far is to set it up for somewhere in the range of 300-400 hp, I would like opinions on which turbo to go with as well as any internal engine upgrades. The reason I bought the 2rz was because I heard it can handle boost with stock internals but I wouldn't be opposed to building it further. I didn't want to pay $1100 for the paradise racing intake so I had a local machine shop build me one based on a picture of the paradise one.
All thoughts, comments, etc appreciated.

Thanks

Josh
Attachments
Intake2.JPG
Intake2.JPG (68.24 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
Intake.JPG
Intake.JPG (62.67 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
Toyota1515

Re: Turbo

Post by Toyota1515 »

:roll: 8-)
well this is the same ol story i heard from many guys and they always end up spending twice as much,

At least u got the intake well done since the get go,

I will recommend you to make up your mind and if you go turbo just go turbo and forget about the later stuff, a good street turbo for your needs taking in consideration the HP levels u state, is a 6262 precision with a t3 flange for faster response and a wider powerband with some 750cc injectors with some 18 to 25 PSI of boost u should reach your goal easily IF THE ENGINE IS GOOD!

Good luck with your project!
SF5 FOZZY
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

bro going fast is about how big your wallet is, there is no cheaper or easy way around it unless your givin all the stuff or you are good at making bargains.

good luck man
J.hortian

Post by J.hortian »

My wallet is shrinking lol. The plan was to go n/a for a little while then turbo but that would be a waste of all the Haltech and the A1000. Lopez286 recommended injectors out of a Ford 5.0 so that's what's in there currently. I'm going to run it n/a this summer then plan a turbo build. I just didn't want to waste money rebuilding the CT26 if I'm going with a bigger turbo anyway. The car has been sitting since 2009, I'm very anxious to drive it. Blue is my brothers car, black is mine.
082.JPG
082.JPG (170.02 KiB) Viewed 8942 times
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome to the forum Josh ;)

Nice cars you guys have there !

Like the boys said don't bother with that turbo, do it just right 8-)

They're few turbo out-there that you can archive great performance PTE are the way to go but it require you to save a little bit more :lol: :lol:
The day we learn to think
J.hortian

Post by J.hortian »

Thanks Bob, I will probably end up spending the money and getting good stuff. Main goal for me right now is getting it ready for summer.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Yeah men post some vid when it running what ecu are you plan to use ?
J.hortian wrote:Thanks Bob, I will probably end up spending the money and getting good stuff. Main goal for me right now is getting it ready for summer.
The day we learn to think
J.hortian

Post by J.hortian »

I will definitely post a vid when it's running, I have a Haltech sport 1000. Sorry for the delayed response, I don't log on often.