engine removal issue. 3tc Ae86

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hachicoupe

engine removal issue. 3tc Ae86

Post by hachicoupe »

hi guys, I am currently having an issue removing my 3TC from my car. I have disconnected it from the transmission it is a manual transmission and it will not come out of the engine bay it seems like its getting hung up. The only other thing I can think of is to bolt it back to the transmission then take it out, but it will not line back up with the transmission bolt into place. Any help is much appreciated. I need it out to remove my crankshaft. I've been trying to remove it with a hoist for 3 days and it just wont come out :(

Any tips? Please help.
73GTV

Re: engine removal issue. 3tc Ae86

Post by 73GTV »

http://members.iinet.com.au/~stepho/manuals/Toyota/
Download the manual you need and you can find the problem.
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

73GTV wrote:http://members.iinet.com.au/~stepho/manuals/Toyota/
Download the manual you need and you can find the problem.
I dont understand how those help?? I know how to service the engine once its removed. But the engine just won't come out... I can see the splines on the trans, and they are totally disconnected from the engine. It just wont come out. I think I just need to drop the trans from the bottom of the car...
I just dont understand why I cant get it out :/
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Check if fuel line still attach ,,,check the ground cable on back of the engine,,check the flex plate might have 2small bolts on the bottom holding the trans.
Tate Quieto
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Maybe the differential has not been disconnected from the half shafts or the handbrake is on?

Cheers,
Jason
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

NME308 wrote:Maybe the differential has not been disconnected from the half shafts or the handbrake is on?

Cheers,
Jason
Wait... I don't understand how these would affect anything...?

It is fully un bolted... and all lines/ cables are disconnected.
skellington

Post by skellington »

If I were you, i would take out the engine and trans all at once. I have done it like this every time without issues. Just keep an eye out for that pesky engine ground cable that gets me every time. If you leave the manual trans in the car, you have to slide the spline all the way out to let it be free. To do this you will have to side your engine forward a few inches to the front of the engine bay. i have never done this. Hope you figure this out.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Are you sure you didn't forgot the tinny starter plate bolts ? Or the tranny pillot shaft is jam in the bearing ?
The day we learn to think
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

This is happening cuz i do mess up on that too more than a year ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make sure you got all the fuses in the fuse box installed or it wont go out! :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SF5 FOZZY
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

BOBLOOK wrote:Are you sure you didn't forgot the tinny starter plate bolts ? Or the tranny pillot shaft is jam in the bearing ?
Everything is unbolted and apart. 100% sure. Basically I think its just stuck on the last bit of the pilot shaft. I am going to drop the trans out from the bottom and pull the engine out then put it back together before it goes back in.