Te72 wagon front coilovers

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

superdevil

Te72 wagon front coilovers

Post by superdevil »

Ok so I'm doing the super common DIY coilover conversion for my wagon. AE86 front strut casings, T3 camber plates, t3 weld on coilover sleeves and SW20 kyb AGX struts. My question is I didnt notice this but when I ordered the SW20 struts I ordered the slightly longer stroke rear struts. I'm not trying to go super low or anything I just want it to perform better than my current blown struts. Should I send them back(still new in box) and get the front strut inserts or just cut a little less off for the rear inserts?

use them and youll be happy.
chris1983

Re: Te72 wagon front coilovers

Post by chris1983 »

I have an 81 te72 and I was wondering if someone could do this coilover conversion out of junkyard parts? my car the front suspension is really soft and if you push down on the front end it goes way too far.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

superdevil wrote:Ok so I'm doing the super common DIY coilover conversion for my wagon. AE86 front strut casings, T3 camber plates, t3 weld on coilover sleeves and SW20 kyb AGX struts. My question is I didnt notice this but when I ordered the SW20 struts I ordered the slightly longer stroke rear struts. I'm not trying to go super low or anything I just want it to perform better than my current blown struts. Should I send them back(still new in box) and get the front strut inserts or just cut a little less off for the rear inserts?

use them and youll be happy.
The rear insert Mr2 sw20 is using for the front shortstroke ciolover and yes its shorten then the oem length. Between the two length i don't know of an insert thats little longer. :idea:
The day we learn to think
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

chris1983 wrote:I have an 81 te72 and I was wondering if someone could do this coilover conversion out of junkyard parts? my car the front suspension is really soft and if you push down on the front end it goes way too far.
You can use honda ebay sleeves and cheap shocks but you still need to do the fabrication ;)
The day we learn to think