Rack and Pinion swap

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

bombapinoy

Rack and Pinion swap

Post by bombapinoy »

Hey guys I know there have been posts on this here but none really answered my question. So I have this all ready for me

So my question is this. Will I need to change my headers when I do switch over to the manual rack? I really hope the headers dont get in the way of the swap. Also what else should I be looking out for? I got the steering column from an AE72. I've heard that you need to basically hack up the firewall to use that. Any installation tips?

Any help would be appreciated.
BOBLOOK

Re: Rack and Pinion swap

Post by BOBLOOK »

The day we learn to think
bombapinoy

Post by bombapinoy »

Didn't really answer my question since Im keeping the 3tc rather than swapping to 5m
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

bombapinoy wrote:Didn't really answer my question since Im keeping the 3tc rather than swapping to 5m
No ....really ?
bombapinoy wrote: I got the steering column from an AE72. I've heard that you need to basically hack up the firewall to use that. Any installation tips?

Any help would be appreciated.
bombapinoy

Post by bombapinoy »

sorry i got caught up in my first question. guess that answers the firewall question though. Thanks!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

No problem i can recall that when guys swapped the rack and pinion header it hit because the clearance , but now you install an rack and pinion so means you have more clearance now ?