Any ideas? Parts wanted.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Luisito

Any ideas? Parts wanted.

Post by Luisito »

I wanted to know everyones opinion, i have a stock 3tc 1.8. Later down the road wanted to add a few things 8-)
Want to know best part brands and best fits.
Idk too much about aftermarket parts, other than stock lol.
Header ( which fits and performs best )
Full exhaust ( dont want it loud ) cat, muffler etc..
Weber ( tipical, the one everyone has )
I want to keep it 1.8 3tc but i want it 5 speed and for it to perform better.
Who ever has ideas or PHOTOS of there work, let me know what i should go for?
Tatequieto
Will
Pufito
Something like yours
Stock but performance
Oh.. Also my starter keeps messing up i changed it about 3 times in the past 2 years :evil:
Also would like a stronger alternator. More volts basically something that fits on without modifications that let more power.
mikealike

Re: Any ideas? Parts wanted.

Post by mikealike »

Luisito wrote:I wanted to know everyones opinion, i have a stock 3tc 1.8. Later down the road wanted to add a few things 8-)
Want to know best part brands and best fits.
Idk too much about aftermarket parts, other than stock lol.
Header ( which fits and performs best )
Full exhaust ( dont want it loud ) cat, muffler etc..
Weber ( tipical, the one everyone has )
I want to keep it 1.8 3tc but i want it 5 speed and for it to perform better.
Who ever has ideas or PHOTOS of there work, let me know what i should go for?
Tatequieto
Will
Pufito
Something like yours
Stock but performance
Oh.. Also my starter keeps messing up i changed it about 3 times in the past 2 years :evil:
Also would like a stronger alternator. More volts basically something that fits on without modifications that let more power.
Parts for t series are slowly diminishing since the new engines are more popular. I used Doug Thorley headers and a mildly ported head with a 32/36 weber carburetor, small 292 cam. Exhaust i used was a mandrel 2.5 tube exhaust with a silencer and a 50 series flow master. Ignition to use is a MSD 6 series unit.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Luisito

Post by Luisito »

Sounds good, and your right these performance parts are going to be difficult to find a couple years from now. That's why I want to perform my engine so it can run stronger. I want to keep up to a Honda basically lol. Stock I actually did pretty well keeping up. Do you have any pics?
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

hey Luisito my old engine has a 296 cam,,alil porting on the head,,, short intake,, dual 45 side draft ,,a msd 6al ,, header is a pacesetter ,,exhaust 2 1/2" ,, muffler 2 chamber flew master ,,if you can get your hands on a tranny out of the twin cam corolla they a bit stronger ,, and also the differential ,, as per the charging, you can get an alternator out of a 1st gen rx7 they work great all you need to do is grind abit off the corolla bracket ,, get a bronze clutch and a good pressure plate ,, you be good to go ;)
Tate Quieto
TPR Motorsports

Post by TPR Motorsports »

Ur starter problem is just bad connections to your starter solenoid, that one wire has several connections n over time they get corroded, u can trace the wire on the switch on the steering colomn n run a wire straight from there to the starter solenoid, starter problem fixed!!! I do this to all my corollas, works everything when I start getting the clicking issue with the starters.

Good luck man
Carlos Diaz
TPR Motorsports
Paypal: TPR3TC@yahoo.com
803.334.8674 (text friendly)
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Was your starter issue the click illness ??

For the starter you can use the saturn conversion
Luisito wrote:
The day we learn to think
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

do the relay for the starter Bob has the instructions in his post ;)
Tate Quieto