Carb short intake manifold?

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

kazeron

Carb short intake manifold?

Post by kazeron »

Every time I see sidedraft carbs on a 3tc, it's this short intake manifold, when I see brd racing and canon intake manifolds, they're much longer. Is there a reason for this? And where can you find these short ones?
toyotero2dend

Re: Carb short intake manifold?

Post by toyotero2dend »

mikuni are short and hard to find & the pj racing are a bit short too
canon always break by the runners could be bcause of the material its done with or the weight of the carbs. make em crack
check ebay a few months ago there were two mikuni for sale
Tate Quieto
baldo

Post by baldo »

short intake = top end power. long intake = torque. Long runners crack on the ears. The BRD looks like its metal, if it is that would solve that problem. Check out Toyhead, jameng and extrudabody.com
Those are new manifolds, but you can find people selling them all the time on ebay, here or any Toyota site. If you cant find one in about a month, you are doing something wrong! :lol:
kazeron

Post by kazeron »

oh very nice, thank you. That extrudabody manifold looks nice, especially their other products... but damn is it expensive. The canon packages are the same price with all the linkages included. Anyway to prevent the cracking of the longer runners?
baldo

Post by baldo »

I would go for the short runners. The longer ones are pretty much for racing and big HP. I wish they made the intakes with bigger holes! Anyways, to prevent from cracking?........ get a custom one made out of metal? Even a custom aluminum intake will be stronger than the regular ones. The material is not that strong. Dont believe me? Buy one and drop it on the floor. :lol: Now get a custom made aluminum or metal intake and drop it. Thats the only thing I can think of.